We are currently taking applications to fill the following positions. If you are interested in one of the following roles, please send your CV and appropriate cover letter to email@example.com
Please note all applicants must currently live in New Zealand and be a New Zealand citizen
Position: Workshop Assistant
Fantail is looking for a woodworker to join the workshop team to become a bat service and repairer. The candidate must have considerable experience working with wood, hand tools, power tools and a background in cricket. The perfect candidate must able to take direction, work independently and be diligent in all their work.
What you'll do day to day
- Repair and service cricket bats
- Prepare and service new bats for sale
- Assist in fulfilling orders
- Manage repair consumables stock levels
- Assist customers in our retail store
- Other duties as may be required
This role would suit someone with a background in woodwork, for example, a joiner or carpenter. We don't expect you to have repaired cricket bats in the past, but we do require you do have experience and knowledge with timber hand tools, power tools and machinery. You will be taught all of our methods with the aim being that the candidate will be able to fulfil this role and take a leading role on this side of the business.
- 30 to 40 hours per week
- $20 to $25/per hour based on experience
- The position will start in August