Regular price $49.90 NZD Save Liquid error (product-template line 140): -Infinity%
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
Give your new cricket bat the best start to life with a Fantail knocking in service We offer a comprehensive knocking in service combining hand knocking with our state of the art Smart Knocking in Machine.
- We apply a coat of linseed oil. Linseed oil helps the cricket bat to retain its own moisture and reduces the rate of cracking due to allowing the fibres to stretch rather than crack.
- The knocking process starts with the edges and toe of the bat we do this by hand using a wooden mallet as these are the weakest and most vulnerable areas of the bat.
- It then moves on to our Smart Knock knocking in machine. Which does all that a human can do but better as it has complete control of each strike with placement and power. It works its way slowly up and down the blade while moving across the blade simultaneously. Your bat will receive over 20,000 knocks during our service.
- Once the knocking is complete we then move onto applying any optional extras you've ordered.
- Once your bat has been knocked in it then needs to be worked in over a few net sessions with an old ball before you use it in a game
- There is no warranty on non Fantail branded bats that have been knocked in by us.
- All facings/edge tape will need to be removed before our knocking in period starts. If the bat is new then we will remove it free of charge. You will need to purchase a new facing if you'd like one to be applied once the knocking in the process is complete as we can't reuse facings.
- It's not uncommon for bats to develop small surface cracks during our knocking in process. If they do occur we will seal and fix the cracks for no additional charge.