Regular price $49.90 NZD Save Liquid error (product-template line 140): -Infinity%
Give your new cricket bat the best start to life with a Fantail knocking in service. We offer a comprehensive knocking in service, combining hand knocking with our state of the art Smart Knocking in Machine.
- We apply a coat of linseed oil. Linseed oil helps the cricket bat retain its own moisture and reduces the cracking rate due to allowing the fibres to stretch rather than crack.
- The knocking process starts with the edges and toe of the bat we do this by hand using a wooden mallet as these are the weakest and most vulnerable areas of the bat.
- It then moves on to our Smart Knock knocking in machine. Which does all that a human can do but better as it has complete control of each strike with placement and power. It works its way slowly up and down the blade while moving across the blade simultaneously. Your bat will receive over 20,000 knocks during our service.
- Once the knocking is complete, we then move onto applying any optional extras you've ordered.
Before using your new bat for match play, we recommend using the bat for light net sessions with an old cricket ball to assess if it is ready. Start with a slow pace and slowly build up. Should small seam indentations appear, slow the pace down and only increase the pace when you can see no new seam indentations. Continue this process until you are using a new ball at full pace.
- There is no warranty on non Fantail branded bats that have been knocked in by us.
- All facings/edge tape will need to be removed before our knocking in period starts. If the bat is new, then we will remove it free of charge. You will need to purchase a new facing if you'd like one to be applied once the knocking in the process is complete as we can't reuse facings.
- It's not uncommon for bats to develop small surface cracks during our knocking in process. If they do occur, we will seal and fix the cracks for no additional charge.